Sunday, February 3, 2013

It's Really Easy To Hate People, But You Shouldn't (A mini-rant)

It's really easy to hate people, but you would have to be really stupid to do so.
From a purely self-centered perspective, hatred is easy. These people don't serve your needs or don't make you happy because they're too busy ignoring your or not giving you a chance or being stupid self-centered people.
But take a step back and then you realize that you are being a self-centered brat and that everyone has reasons for being what they are when they are.
So I suck it up most of the time because I get it, or at least try to. It's easy to lose that perspective, especially when people act bitchier than usual, or in better terms, bitchier than you expected. You're constantly trying to seem one way to them and its not working so you hate yourself so you push yourself harder and harder until you crack.
I've been brewing this in my unconscious for awhile, but I finally got it into words now. This post has been mentally planned for days, I just needed the right time to write it.
I don't think that the attitude of "If I'm nice to people, they'll like me and I'll be happy" is a good one, or a particularly a selfless one. It's a needy one that will always fail you because humans are fallible and will not meet your expectations no matter how consistent they seem. You can't count on other people to make you happy. You can only count on yourself for that (not as in YOU but you can't rely on fellow human beings for your happiness) Friends are there to be there for you, to have your back when you need it and understand you to some degree. Maybe they don't work out or maybe one of us screws thigns up or we don't see each other much anymore, but in the end, there's no good in resentment. I'm still disgusted by what some "friends" have done to others and myself, but honestly, there's alot more to life than that one person.
When I was sitting with The Sophomores (I'm just going to call them that) at lunch, one loner guy sat there alone, and slowly started to join our group until he was part of it. Sorta. Alot of my table sometimes ignored him or whatever, and one day in particular, he left the table suddenly with his iPod and left the few of us who were at lunch that day. And even though I was in a terrible, terrible mood that day (Let's just say things piled up badly that morning), I was thinking, "Wow, that's so stupid. You're not going to earn anyone's recognition by standing up and leaving. You're not justified." And I thought that knowing that I DID DO THAT in elementary school. It's a call for attention, and I'm realizing that that call for attention is limiting our own power. It's saying that "I need you" when you really don't, you just feel entitled to them as a human resource for your loneliness. It's bullshit. It's selfish. You're not a selfless person then when you give everything to make your friends happy, you're selfish because you expect that sentiment to be reciprocated when you're sad.
I don't know what you should do when your friends are sad. I'm not making claims. I have ideas, but nothing I can ramble about.
I just thought ya'll would like to know about this little development.

No comments:

Post a Comment