Saturday, January 12, 2013

Trust-My own Response

I wasn't going to make a Blog post today because of finals and whatever, but then I read this blog post, and decided "Why not?"
Okay.
I trust too much, for the precise reasons that shouldbesatisfied can't. This isn't a noble or courageous thing, its actually pretty cowardly. I trust that my friends care about me and aren't so annoyed by me that they secretly hate me and think I'm a decent person and all that type of thing. I can't afford to be cynical because I don't have an alternative. Either I maintain my friendships with people in the trust that they aren't acting every time they talk to me, or I hyperanalyze everything they do towards me and everything I do towards them and start acting weird and desperate.
I do believe in people's inherent goodness, (despite all our misunderstood or malicious attempts to hide and masque our own insecurities) but I don't believe in their selflessness or their tolerance towards others with visible flaws, especially not towards me. I believe that when people are annoyed or bothered by somebody, they will not care how that other person feels until they after they get rid of that annoying person. If they tolerate that person, its only to make a nice face to not seem bitchy in public, or they'll wait until said person is gone and rip them apart behind their back. People only care about others when its not at their own expense. I've seen some of my best friends do it to other people and other people do it to me. That's the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment